World Metrology Day
- Created: 19 May 2017
World Metrology Day is celebrated by over 80 countries each year on 20 May - the anniversary of the signing of the Metre Convention back in 1875. To this day, the agreement provides the basis for a single, coherent system of measurements that are traceable to the International System of Units (SI).
The theme for World Metrology Day 2017 is Measurements for transport. This theme was chosen because transport plays such a key role in the modern world. We not only move ourselves, but also the food we eat, the clothes we wear, the goods we use and rely on, not forgetting the raw materials they are made from. Doing so safely, efficiently and with minimal environmental impact requires an astonishing range of measurements.
Indeed more widely metrology, the science of measurement, plays a central role in scientific discovery and innovation, industrial manufacturing and international trade, in improving the quality of life and in protecting the global environment. (Text from www.worldmetrologyday.org)
Exova Metech has been working with calibration of measurement equipment since 1947, helping companies in the Aerospace & Defence, Life Sciences, Energy and Engineering sector with quality control and risk management. We are proud of our long and rich history, providing high quality services to our clients.
We help our customers with measurement technology for product quality and risk management
We do this by:
- Working as an independent supplier delivering calibration, measuring and consultancy services
- Having broad capability and high quality of services to our customers
- Providing flexible and value added service solutions
- Being close to our customers and providing on-site services
- Working on a long-term basis and with strong customer relationships
- Having competent, empowered and engaged people at all levels